Ultimate Checklist For Spring Cleaning Your Home
Spring is right around the corner, and there’s no better way to chase the winter blues away than with an all-inclusive plan to tackle your spring cleaning. With a simple step-by-step guide to cleaning every room in your house, you’ll get into the swing this spring without missing a spot of dirt or dust. Here’s the ultimate spring cleaning checklist by room, so you can hop into spring with a fresh, clean home:
The living room
- Vacuum and/or wash curtains.
- Wash windows and dust window sills.
- Vacuum and/or wipe down sofas and chairs.
- Wipe blinds with moist cloth.
- Scrub floor or shampoo carpet.
- Wipe down electronics.
- Dust lamps, lamp shades and light fixtures.
- Dust furniture, especially bookcases.
The dining room
- Dust wall hangings, picture frames and mirrors.
- Vacuum underneath dining table and chairs.
- Wipe down dining table and chairs, and polish if needed.
- Clean out drawers and cabinets.
- Dust and polish cabinets.
- Wash trash can.
- Scrub microwave.
- Clean out and wash fridge and freezer.
- Deep clean oven and/or dishwasher.
- Clean stove top and burners.
- Scrub under oven and fridge.
- Clean out and organize drawers and cabinets.
- Bleach counters, sink and drain.
- Throw out expired foods and organize pantry.
- Brush crumbs out of toaster.
- Wash pet food and water dishes.
- Go through closet and donate old clothes and linens.
- Sweep or vacuum under the bed.
- Wipe down bed frame and other furniture.
- Put on clean sheets, wash duvet and clean curtains.
- Remove items from dresser, wash drawers and put items back.
- Wash toothbrush holders and soap dishes.
- Spray and wipe down mirror, cabinets and vanity.
- Bleach and scrub toilet, shower, tub and sink.
- Replace shower curtain liner.
- Wash shower curtain.
- Wipe down countertops.
- Mop floor.
- Shake out and wash mat.
The laundry room
- Remove lint from dryer filter.
- Vacuum underneath washer and dryer.
- Sweep and mop floor.
- Wash inside and outside of washer and dryer.
- Disinfect light switches, outlets and door knobs.
- Clean air vents and wash registers.
- Change air conditioner and furnace filters.
- Dust and wipe down ceiling fans.
- Wash doors, walls and trim thoroughly.
- Touch up paint.
- Remove scuff marks from floors and doors.
- Disinfect electronic devices like cellphones and remote controls.
- Deep clean all flooring.
With spring fever comes spring cleaning, and the ultimate spring cleaning checklist by room is here to help you clean out the old and make room for the new. These important maintenance tasks and cleaning responsibilities let you transition into spring without a care in the world. If you’re eager to learn more about spring cleaning and how to take care of other rooms in your home, get in contact with me today.